225% up to $12250
280% up to $14000
And when they had crucified Him, they divided up His garments among themselves by casting lots.
And they *crucified Him, and *divided up His garments among themselves, casting lots for them to decide what each man should take.
But Jesus was saying, Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing. And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.
They divide my garments among them,
And for my clothing they cast lots.
So they said to one another, Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, to decide whose it shall be ; this was to fulfill the Scripture: They divided My outer garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots .
You would even cast lots for the orphans
And barter over your friend.
Many people wonder is gambling a sin? Although there might not be a clear cut verse from what we learn in Scripture I strongly believe it is a sin and all Christians should stay away from it. It is terrible to see that some churches are bringing gambling in the house of God. The Lord is not pleased.
Many people are going to say, well the Bible doesnt specifically say you cant do it. The Bible doesnt specifically say you cant do a lot of things that we know as sin.
Many people find any excuse they can give for what is wrong, but just like Satan deceived Eve he will deceive many by saying, did God really say you cant do that?
Gambling is the child of avarice, the brother of iniquity, and the father of mischief. George Washington
Gambling is a sickness, a disease, an addiction, an insanity, and is always a loser in the long run.
Gambling can be just as addictive as drugs and alcohol. Teens and their parents need to know that theyre not just gambling with money, theyre gambling with their lives.
Gambling is the sure way of getting nothing for something.
The soldiers at the foot of the cross threw dice for my Savior s garments. And I have never heard the rattling of dice but I have conjured up the dreadful scene of Christ on his cross, and gamblers at the foot of it, with their dice bespattered with his blood. I do not hesitate to say that of all sins, there is none that more surely damns men, and worse than that, makes them the devil s helpers to damn others, than gambling. C. H. Spurgeon C.H. Spurgeon
Gambling with cards or dice or stocks is all one thing. Its getting money without giving an equivalent for it. Henry Ward Beecher
By gambling we lose both our time and treasure, two things most precious to the life of man. Owen Feltham
Five Reasons Why Gambling is Wrong: Because it denies the reality of God s sovereignty (by affirming the existence of luck or chance). Because it is built on irresponsible stewardship (tempting people to throw away their money). Because it erodes a biblical work ethic (by demeaning and displacing hard work as the proper means for one s livelihood). Because it is driven by the sin of covetousness (tempting people to give in to their greed). Because it is built on the exploitation of others (often taking advantage of poor people who think they can gain instant wealth). John MacArthur
Gambling is of the world, it is very addicting, and it will cause you harm.
Gambling is loving something that is part of the cruel world, not only is it dangerous especially back in the days where many were being plotted on and murdered for their money. Gambling is very addictive, you can go into a casino one day thinking Im going to spend this much, then leave without your car. For some people its that bad and it can become even worse.
Ive heard many stories about people losing their lives for owing money and people losing their lives by committing suicide because of the money they lost. Many people have lost their houses, spouses, and kids over their gambling addiction. You might say that I dont gamble that much, but it doesnt matter. Even if it is small fun gambling it is sin and it should not be done. Always remember that sin grows overtime. Your heart becomes harder, your desires become greedier, and it will turn into something that you never saw coming.
1. 1 Corinthians 6:12 I have the right to do anything, you saybut not everything is beneficial. I have the right to do anythingbut I will not be mastered by anything .
2. 2 Peter 2:19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravityfor people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.
3. 1 Timothy 6:9-10 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
4. Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind . Then you will be able to test and approve what God s will is his good, pleasing and perfect will.
5. Proverbs 15:27 The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live.
Not only does gambling lead to deeper and deeper covetousness, but it leads to different types of sin. When you go to the movie theater and buy popcorn they make it extra buttery so you will buy their expensive drinks. When you go to casinos they promote alcohol. When you are not sober you will be trying to kick back and spend more money. Many people who are addicted to gambling are also living in drunkenness. Prostitutes are always near casinos. They
6. James 1:14-15 but each person is tempted when t hey are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.
7. Exodus 20:17 Do not covet your neighbors house. Do not covet your neighbors wife, his male or female slave, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
8. Ephesians 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints.
9. Luke 12:15 Then he said to them, Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.
10. Ecclesiastes 5:10 Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.
11. Luke 16:13 No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
Your chance of winning the lottery on a single ticket is one in 175 million. That means that someone has to really be greedy and have dreams of riches to still try and play the lottery. You have to pay for more and more tickets because of your greed and what you are really doing is emptying your pockets because of your covetousness.
Most gamblers throw money away. Most people who go to casinos lose money that could have been used for paying bills or on the less fortunate, but instead people would rather throw it away. It is wasting Gods money on evil, which is similar to stealing.
12. Luke 11:34-35 Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness.
13. Proverbs 28:22 Greedy people try to get rich quick but dont realize theyre headed for poverty.
14. Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, But everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.
15. Proverbs 28:20 The trustworthy person will get a rich reward, b ut a person who wants quick riches will get into trouble.
The Bible teaches us to work hard and worry about others. Gambling teaches us to do the opposite. In fact, many of the people who play the lottery are poor. Gambling destroys something that God intended for good. You have to understand that the devil is using it to destroy the foundation of work.
16. Ephesians 4:28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.
17. Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: It is more blessed to give than to receive.
18. Proverbs 10:4 Lazy people are soon poor; hard workers get rich.
19. Proverbs 28:19 Those who work their land will have abundant food, but t hose who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty.
What would you think if you went inside a casino and you saw your pastor holding money in one hand and rolling dice in another? That picture just wouldnt look right would it? Now picture yourself doing the same thing. Society does not look at gambling as being honest. The betting industry is a dark world filled with crime. Google treats gambling websites like pornography websites. Gambling websites contain a lot of viruses.
20. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Many churches want to turn Gods house into a place to play bingo and other gambling activities, which is wrong. Gods house is not a place to make profit. It is a place to worship the Lord.
21. John 2:14-16 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, Get these out of here ! Stop turning my Father s house into a market!
One of the greatest problems of gambling is it takes away from trusting in the Lord. God says I will provide for your needs. Satan says roll the dice there might be a chance that you win and become filthy rich. You see the problem. When you trust in God nothing is by chance. God provides for our needs and God gets all the glory. Gambling is showing that you dont really trust in the Lord.
22. Isaiah 65:11 But because the rest of you have forsaken the LORD and have forgotten his Temple, and because y ou have prepared feasts to honor the god of Fate and have offered mixed wine to the god of Destiny.
23. Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
24. 1 Timothy 6:17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
25. Psalm 62:10 Place no trust in extortion, or false hope in stolen goods. If your riches increase, do not set your heart upon them.
26. Proverbs 3:7 Don t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
27. Proverbs 23:4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich ; do not trust your own cleverness.
28. Deuteronomy 8:18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.
29. Psalm 25:8-9 Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. 9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
30. Proverbs 23:5″When you glance at wealth, it disappears, for it makes wings for itself and flies like an eagle to the sky.
You have a higher chance of being struck by lighting than winning the lottery. Most gambling is not made for you to win. Its made for you to dream about what if I did win. Gambling fails in its attempt to give people hope because most people spend thousands of dollars for nothing. Just take a thousand dollars and throw it in the garbage that is exactly what gamblers do over the course of time. When you have greed you will always lose more than you gain. Gambling is bad for your health and it violates many Scriptures as seen above. Seek hard work and trust in the Lord with your income.
1 Timothy 6:10 - For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Philippians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:22 - Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Hebrews 13:5 - Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Luke 16:13 - No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Topics and verses are auto-generated from user searches. If a verse or topic does not belong, please contact us. Some scripture references/categories courtesy of Open Bible .info under CC BY 3.0
Search the King James Version (KJV) for more references about Is Gambling A Sin.
In Islam, gambling is not considered to be a simple game or frivolous pastime. The Quran often condemns gambling and alcohol together in the same verse, recognizing both as a social disease which is addictive and destroys personal and family lives.
Muslim scholars agree that it is acceptable or even commendable for Muslims to participate in healthy challenges, competitions, and sports. It is forbidden, however, to be involved with any betting, lottery, or other games of chance.
There is some disagreement about whether raffles should be included in the definition of gambling. The most common and sound opinion is that it depends on the intention. If a person receives a raffle ticket as a door prize or side-product of attending an event, without paying additional money or specifically attending in order to win, then many scholars consider this to be more of a promotional gift and not gambling.
Along the same lines, some scholars consider it permissible to play certain games, such as backgammon, cards, dominoes, etc. as long as there is no gambling involved. Other scholars consider such games to be impermissible by virtue of their association with gambling.
The general teaching in Islam is that all money is to be earned through one s own honest labor and thoughtful effort or knowledge. One cannot rely upon luck or chance to gain things that one doesn t deserve to earn. Such schemes only benefit a minority of people, while luring the unsuspecting often those who can least afford it to spend great amounts of money on the slim chance of winning more. The practice is deceptive and unlawful in Islam.
What a difference a day made casino
One more step What a difference a day made casino Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. What...
Primary difference between gaming and gambling
Gaming and Gambling: What s the Difference Gaming and Gambling: What s the Difference? Although many people make a difference between these two...
Ways to make money gambling online
Top five best ways to make money through online betting sites Online betting is hugely popular all over the world, and the range of bookmakers that now...
Rolling stones casino boogie poker set
Rolling Stone Get Your Chips Together With These Poker Sets Products featured are independently selected by our editorial team and we may earn a...
What slot machines are at the venetian
Las Vegas Slots The Venetian Resort is well known for having the most extensive selection of slots and video poker machines in the city. All your...